Sound therapy uses the power of sound and vibrations to restore one’s body, mind and spirit to a sense of balance and harmony.
Sound healing has begun to resurface in the modern world and is rapidly finding its way into hospitals, clinics and hospice centres as a powerful means of promoting health and wellbeing. Immersing children in sounds stimulates their imagination and creativity, which form basic learning and problem-solving skills.
Sound therapy improves their ability to deal with difficult situations, enhances concentration span and goal-achieving skills.
Research has shown that sound therapy is a wonderful tool to relax children into a place of mindful meditative state. Mindfulness is likely to have beneficial effects on emotional wellbeing, mental health, ability to learn and physical health of school students. Main advantages of sound sessions for children:
1. Stimulates whole body relaxation
2. Boosts self-confidence
3. Enhances self-healing capabilities and strengthen the immune system
4. Increased self-control, patience, stillness,
5. Improves focus and concentration
6. Learning breathing techniques
7. Learning about the body, mind, and emotions,
8. Self-confidence, self-compassion, empathy,
9. Making new friends,
10. Better listening skills
11. Helps with high muscle tone
12. Boosts creativity
13. Reduces stress